Monday, November 06, 2006

Midterms!

Not for you, of course. If you're at the age where you take midterms, you're probably done. My younguns took their midterms last week, and it was the worst day I've had in Georgia, mostly due to rampant cheatery. I could have done without that. The following should be read in a deeply menacing tone: It won't happen again.

It's cold again. I kinda expected that would happen, as it seems to every year, but it was really warm last week and then all of a sudden this afternoon I had to bust out my next level of coat. Gotta save the big poofy down coat for whiteout conditions.

In other news, I'm out of clothes. Here's the timeline--

12 days ago: Requested to wash clothes by hand; rejected because following day, washing machine was to be installed

9 days ago: Washing machine installed

7 days ago: Family realizes that they have lost the English instructions and cannot read the Russian ones very well. This would not be a problem if this were a normal washing machine, but it is not. It has about 10,000 buttons and is side-loading, though I have the feeling that it's a simple matter of putting it on one setting and leaving it there for the rest of its existence.

2 days ago: I ran out of clothes. Fortunately, it was pouring rain on my way home from a supra, and the outfit I was wearing was cleaned that way. Wore my host sister's clothes as mine dried.

Today: Am attempting to find English instructions on a German web page.

We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page