Tuesday, September 18, 2007

26 Days Later...

So, America-- pretty sweet. Everything on my self-centered Agenda o' Fun was accomplished, and certain acquaintances even deigned to add to the list. Huzzah! I would not, however, assume that a wrap-up of my little tour would be fascinating for anyone, so I'll just let these few pictures speak for themselves.

















And after that, back to Georgia. I'd like to apologize to anyone in my vicinity on September 6th, the day after my return, as I was about as sociable and perky as that one woman who keeps staring at Americans as they walk by even though they've lived there for a year already. At that point, the idea was sinking in that, unlike in the past month, I wouldn't be able to see my friends whenever I wanted, or to walk through town anonymously. No more constant English speaking, no more variety of delicious food from various locales...

Then, praise the Lord, SELF camp started. You'll recall my plead for money earlier with regards to this camp; there'll be an entry about it soon. This sounds out-of-character for me*, but teaching sports to the girls and living with them at camp made me feel a lot better. So now, I would say my happiness level is approximately where it was during April or May. I wouldn't say we've risen to July 2006 happiness levels, but neither have we fallen to somewhere February-esque.


School actually started today, and things are still optimistic. In other news, my neighbor gave me four avocados. If my neighbor gave me four avocados in the US, I would thank her politely and put them in the fridge. When my neighbor in Georgia gave me four avocados, I shrieked my thank yous, and then called my guacamole-crazed friends to inform them of this development. One friend swore me to secrecy and set up a meeting point so we could make guacamole in Tbilisi without having to share with 30 other volunteers. Then, I arranged the four avocados (and one mango) into a smiley face so I could take a picture and remember. Then I put them in the fridge, though I noticed this morning that the refrigerator is again unplugged, as per usual.

Here we go again! ~~slaps knee~~



*Here's something I said in the US, which falls on the other end of the out-of-character spectrum: "Man, I gotta lose weight when I come back to the US; there's so many clothes to wear!"

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page