Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Whither Blankets?

I, too, am upset that I haven't had anything to post here in over a month. Every day that ticks by on the calendar ratchets up my frustration and fear of impending failure by just a smidgen. I think the following article explains everything:

http://www.thebaynet.com/news/index.cfm/fa/viewstory/story_ID/11270

Just to clarify what the article said, there is a back-up plan in place, but it's not the greatest solution-- at the end of this month, I'll take the $3000 and use it to ship as many of the boxes as I can via USPS, and those will be distributed to needy families by an NGO in central Georgia. I estimate that I can only send 20-25 boxes this way due to financial restraints, so the remaining donations would have to go to local charities.

Well, there's an idea... contact me if you want to sponsor a box. I'll send it overseas in your name, how's that?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good things come to good people. I have it on good authority that respected local u-haul business is going to make sure your boxes make it to Baltimore where they will meet up with..well, I don't want to steal your thunder. ;-)

To soften your frustration perhaps a mite, the best international commercial shipping companies I know of all met the same result..you cannot get your boxes any closer to Georgia than Turkey right now. But now you've found another way..muah ha ha ha

-Dad

Locations of visitors to this page