Thursday, June 01, 2006

Bienvenue, bienvenidos, wilkommen, etc.

You'll notice not one of the title "welcome"s is in Georgian; that could be because I can't distinguish between letters of the Georgian alphabet yet, much less speak the language. This blog's here for the benefit of you who wish to casually follow my Georgian Peace Corps adventures while you're bored at work, with the benefit of avoiding spam-my, impersonal e-mails with few relevant updates ("I still don't speak Georgian. Today it was cold.").

I hope this blog will capture your mild interest, and I promise here and now not to turn it into a publishable Peace Corps memoir when I get back.* There seems to be a market glut of those, and I think I'd only publish one if I had the notion to sell even fewer copies than Laveidem did.

I don't know how often I'll be able to update, nor where I'll be, nor much else... but I would appreciate comments on posts. Or letters. Or Swedish Fish. Or consistent access to electricity.

*Note: if something really cool happens that makes a memoir unavoidable, like me coaching the Georgian taekwondo team to world championship or becoming a star on Georgian reality TV, then this promise is null and void. I'm just saying that the likelihood of a book about "personal growth" and such is fairly minimal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

longman fired marilyn unchanged rooms jovo sensor trigger goulven manufactured finances
lolikneri havaqatsu

Locations of visitors to this page