Thursday, February 21, 2008

Well, that was fast

If the purpose of leaving the project post up until the funds were raised was to give myself a brief sabbatical from the ceaseless toil of writing blog posts, then it has failed. Here I am, three days later, typing away. Can you guess what that means? A means B, therefore C...

Our project has already reached complete funding.

I just got the call from the grant director, who I was sure was calling to tell me they were pulling the plug because I have too little time left before close of service. Au contraire! She said that somewhere in the universe of generous and development-loving folk, someone had called up the office in Washington and offered to fund our community's project. Whoever you are, THANK YOU. Thank you from Nana 1 & 2, thank you from the students at School #12, and thank you from me. Expect picture-filled updates and letters by the bushel.

As it ended up taking more time to write the project proposal than to get it funded, I have a moment to look around at the fund-raising apparatus I've set in motion and wonder how to reel it in. Tens of you received emails from me, a few more saw the blog post, and there's probably a bunch among you who intended to donate, and among those some who actually had already. To those of you who did donate, I really, really appreciate it and you shall also get thank-you letters. To those of you who intended to, why not divert your already-earmarked funds to another PCPP project? If you're in the English classroom groove already, there's another project here that's trying to create a classroom for village students in central Georgia. And here you'll find the list of all projects in Eastern Europe/Central Asia.

Good work, guys!

2 comments:

Casey said...

Way to go Jennifer! Good work.
Mummy

მიჩინიო said...

Congratulations!

Never lose inspirations, Jennifer!

Locations of visitors to this page