Tuesday, December 19, 2006

A lonely little Christmas

I've decided that it was better when my host family was unaware that Western Christmas is coming up on Monday. I'd rather they have ignored it and waited til January 7th to involve me in their Christmas than what the current situation is, where they feel bad that I'm not with my family for Christmas and they're buying me presents and a Christmas tree. It just feels more lame when it's a regular Monday for everyone else, and there I am with a 3-foot fake Christmas tree up in my bedroom, pretending to be moved by the Yuletide spirit.

The moral of this post: treasure your gaudy decorations! Your 24 hour Christmas radio! Your reruns of classic Christmas movies! Your stressed last-minute run to Wal-Mart because you forgot to buy presents!

Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got til it's gone...

Actually, I can't end with that. I despise that song. Let's try a different one.

Fergilicious definicious, make them boys go crazy.

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page